Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Life Right Now

Eighteen months ago I quit my job, packed my bags, and moved to South Korea to teach English. My experience has far surpassed any expectations I had when I arrived. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to live and work here. Everyday has been an adventure and I will miss Korea and all of the amazing students, coworkers, and friends I have been lucky enough to meet.

For all eighteen months I have had the intention of writing down the stories that were my life, but somehow there has always been life to be lived instead. Now that I'm leaving I wish I would have made the time because I don't want to forget the little things that made life such an adventure.

My next step is a big one and I don't want to forget any of it, so I will be keeping a travel journal here. I'm hoping that it will give my family a little peace of mind, be a guide to my friends that travel to these places in the future, and that some of you will enjoy my stories.

As for the next adventure, I am flying into Phuket, Thailand and flying out of Hanoi, Vietnam two months later. I have a general route planned through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam and a hostel booked for the first night, from there I am just going to let the adventure unfold.

So, goodbye Korea and hello Thailand!

And yes, some of these pictures do deserve an explanation, but you will just have to wait till the next time you see me!


1 comment: